Test yourself by trying the questions below.
|The font in Felsham Church|
- Who was rector of Felsham from 1822 to 1872?
- Who lived at Felsham House from 1931 until his death in 1952?
- What was the name of Felsham House when it was first built at the end of the 19th century?
- What is special about the font in St Peter’s Church
- Who lived in Gedding Hall in 1811?
- Mrs Walmsley at Grange Farm, Gedding kept a famous cattle herd in the 70s and 80s. What breed were they?
- What was the name of the shopkeeper and sub-postmaster of Upper Green during the 1920s and 1930s?
- What was the name of the beer-house on Upper Green during the 19th century?
- In which decade did
undergo major restoration? Gedding Church
- What was the function of
’s Leper Grating? Gedding Church
- Who provided land for a new Felsham and Gedding school at the end of the 19th century?
- In 1926 Valley Farm was destroyed by fire. Where did the family live while the farm was being re-built?
- What was the nickname for the old scout hut that
was situated in
- Why is 1268 an important date in Felsham’s history?
- Which Felsham farm hosted the Lamb Fair which took place every August?
- Who was Lord of the Manor of Gedding in 1494?
- Which Felsham pauper family was sent to
- What was the Christian name of the gentleman farmer belonging to the Cocksedge family who was buried in Felsham churchyard in 1469?
- In which decade during the Middle Ages was the Felsham Charity probably set up?
- How much did it cost to rent a quarter acre allotment in Felsham in 1840?
Many of the answers can be found in recent editions of ‘the G&F’ and on the History Club website - http://felshamhc.onesuffolk.net/
The summer edition of the community magazine for Gedding and Felsham – the G&F – is available from the Felsham Post Office Stores, price £3.